Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Day With My Camera

Dawn

The camera is a constant companion even if I am not going on a specific photographic event or trek. So I thought I might be nice to just highlight a portion of the photos I take in an ordinary day.

Dawn, of course, gets chronicled if there are clouds. And two photos taken just a minute or two apart can be quite different. Or if I am the lens toward the southeast or south.

Dawn a bit later

Later the camera came with me to feed some wild turkeys for a friend. I am usually rather unsatisfied with turkeys. Their feathers are designed to conceal them in the woods so they don't stand out except against snow. But I am always trying.





I am always interested in architectural details or pieces of decorative art. Chance still lifes if you will. Not all of them turn out. But you never know until you try. And the advantage of digital is you have not wasted film.




 In the dull months of winter green houses I take care of are a great escape. Bananas are a delight to photograph on so many levels. I think the patterns and shapes are more evident in the black and white. But the shades of green are hard to pass up.

Bananas



And then there was this casual recording of the snow from the day before. Proof I can take one picture and set the camera down. Usually in the studio where I concentrate on drawing or painting.



1 comment:

  1. It is always a pleasure to follow your big skies, you capture light brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.