Monday, January 29, 2018

Week Four - 2018 in Photographs

Day 22

A local photographer friend of mine said he hated this weather. I totally understand. As a landscape photographer it is too much the same day in and day out. Even the clouds, if there are any, are boring. That said I was lucky to score this rather awesome sunrise just before our surprise snow storm. But when you are used to awesome dawns rather routinely it just makes you realize what your are missing.

Day 23

But my promise is to take my camera with me even through familiar territory just in case. Dentist appointment was in Questa which has in recent month yielded some good photographic opportunities. Questa, a misspelling of Cuesta which means the lowering, sits on the edge of a volcanic caldera. The volcanic activity was primary ash making the soil unstable and resulting in some interesting slips of mountains.

I lived in Questa for almost nine years and came to rather take the landscape for granted but as I was early and I had the camera I managed to capture some very interesting play of early light on this rugged peak. There are others I should photograph but often the traffic isn't very cooperative with pulling of the two lane road to Red River.


Day 24

Day 25

If mother nature isn't going to give me awesome snow covered peaks to capture I will just have to focus on something else like the reflections through a crystal bowl or the shadows of trees on the frozen lake. I love the picnic table on the right.

Day 26

The frozen Eagle Rock Lake also provided interesting ice patterns with the sinking rocks provided by the locals probably as bored as I was. Can't ice skate on the lake because the ice is not solid enough and also cannot fish.

The lake made some very interesting sounds as the water beneath the softening ice moved and groaned. And as shown in the last photograph probably cracked and refroze. The rocks created interesting still life images and they sunk into the ice.


Day 27

Day 28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.