Saturday, December 9, 2017

Week 49 - 2017 in Photographs

Day 336 - Reflections on Eagle Nest Lake

It has been a warm and dry winter so lakes and ponds had not frozen when we at last received a measurable first snow. It was a winter wonderland. For a photographer bored by day after day of the miasma between fall and winter it was a call to sally forth with the camera. The snow only lasted during a brief morning interval, but at times it was quite heavy, sticking to branches and fence posts. 

Day 337 - Snow just beginning

And at times heavy enough it obscured the landscape. I have stopped at the same place on the county lane below and recorded it in fall, summer and winter. It changes with every season but the same arrangement of trees calls me to photograph it yet again. 


Day 338 - Down a Snowy Lane

But my favorite aspect of this particular winter snow was that up to this point the temperatures had been very warm, especially at night, and none of my favorite water features were frozen. I got reflections of the water and snow flakes falling at the same time. Those photographs which follow were just those I liked the most. 

Day 339 -  First snow

Day 340

Day 341

Day 342

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.