Saturday, November 4, 2017

Week 44 - 2017 in Photographs

Day 301
St. Anthony Catholic Church

In one of the many digital photography books I have read the writer maintained you should know if you were going to process in black and white or in color. That was certainly true in the days of film. But that decision was largely made for not just one photo but a whole roll of film because it was what you had loaded in the camera.

I will be honest and if it was not a requirement for a photography assignment I seldom used black and white film. Every once in a while I would feel guilty about not being a true photographer like Ansel Adams and shoot a row of black and white.

Digital photography and control of the "post processing" means you can do whatever you want with your images. You can make the decision on photograph at a time. The same rules of composition apply. Images with strong elements are generally my choice for black and white. But I have often taken an image or a subject and processed it in both color and without color.

Color is still my favorite. Black and white is still an exercise I give myself.

Day 302

Day 303

Day 304

Day 305

Day 306

Day 307

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice contrast to see both black and white and color pictures here in your post. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all kind comments on my art and poetry.